Thursday, March 12, 2009

Travel, Cars, and Hockey

It's been about a week or so since I've written anything, so I figured now is as good a time as any. I'm heading out to L.A. (actually Anaheim) tomorrow for a couple of days for CAMEX, which is the trade show for College Stores. This is our core market, so it's one of those trade shows we need to be at. Next year it is back in Orlando, so that will make life much easier where we won't have to worry about flying or anything.

Speaking of flying, I am looking forward to the business-class upgrade on the 777 tomorrow. I flew on one of those going to London 2 years ago, and it was really comfortable, I guess since I have to fly in and out of Miami, I can make it worthwhile by flying non-stop on a comfortable plane in business-class.

Shane tried out at the other rink for Mites, and the guy running the program said "no problem" and couldn't understand why Incredible Ice thought he wasn't ready. After he was out there, we signed him up for the program. The real evaluation is tomorrow, but we already talked to Mike S. and he said it would be ok for Shane to go to his regular lesson, and they would be in touch over the weekend to give us the team he will be on and schedule. This is actually more convenient, since Brenda will have to take him to the lesson, then go to Chuck E Cheese afterwards for our nephew's birthday.

Shane and I went to the Ft. Lauderdale Auto Show today. The show is much smaller than the one in Miami, and since we went on the opening day and got there areound 4:00, there was really nobody there. We were able to sit in all of the cars on my list, or at least the ones that were actually there, and Shane graded all of them. Shane at first said he really wanted me to get the BMW 328i because it was the smallest. I told him to think of how his mother likes to have more space, and he changed his mind. He did like the Genesis, and the Nissan Maxima. I thought the Genesis, Acura TL, Infiniti G37 and Lexus ES350 were comfortable, but in the end for what you get for the money, I think I am sold on the Genesis. Once I get closer to the actual buying mode, I will take it for a test drive and make sure Brenda comes with me. I may take some of the others for a test drive as well, just for a point of comparison.

We had Mexican for dinner at this new Mexican restaurant on Clint Moore and 441. The food was good, they changed their menu a little bit, but it was still a good meal.

I'm going to go watch the Panther game and finish packing.

1 comment: