Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Learning to Play Hockey

I'm not listening to the inner voice that sounds like Erin telling me I shouldn't try to play hockey. Instead, I'm trying to learn how to skate and learn how to play. On Friday I went to Glacier for their "beginners" clinic. The beginners in the class were me and one other guy who had only started trying to ice skate earlier last week. The other guys in the class seemed way more advanced and were there for some additional ice time. They were nice in the sense that they let us try to work through our incompetence, and they still did all of the drills and such they wanted to. After that ended at 11:30 pm, I went home and went to sleep because I promised Shane that we would do the stick and puck thing on Saturday morning. I find it is somewhat easier to skate in full pads because I am not as concerned with falling, and the shin/knee guard help stabilize my ankles a bit more. I just need to find a way to keep the velcro straps closed. The pads I have seem to be somewhat odd for anyone with slightly bigger calves. If I can't work through it with these, I may have to find other ones that fit better. Well, this week it's skating again on Wednesday, maybe doing the adult learn to play at Incredible Ice, then possibly doing the Friday night thing again, and seeing if Glacier is offering stick and puck again this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment