Sunday, February 8, 2009

Work, Skating, Bicycles and Mini-Stanley

I haven't posted anything in a little bit. Mostly because I was thinking of throwing something up here, then work issues got in the way and I got pissed off. I'm sure throwing my thoughts up here may have helped, but for now, I just let it stew. Essentially, after a lot of fighting with the owners of the company, we made what I feel is a premature overreaction to the external situation currently occurring in the economy. I can somewhat understand, but I think it is something we should have done later if some of our other measures didn't have the desired result. Anyway, it's done, it's over, and I just need to move on and continue to grow the company. Given that, make sure you visit BarCharts and buy a guide or two.

I went skating today with Eric and JohnnyB. I am definitely feeling more comfortable on my skates, but still have a little way to go before I can try to play hockey. Anyway, that's my goal for this year to be able to at least try and learn with other old people like me and eventually play in a local "old guy" league.

After skating, I was thinking about wasting time and test-driving a Genesis. I have put together a spread sheet with various cars I am thinking about getting when I replace my Explorer later this year. Hopefully a few months after I don't have to spend the ridiculous amount I am every week for day care. Anyway, The Genesis ended up on the top of the list both with and without personal preference added in the scoring. I called Brenda as I was leaving the rink and she said Shane had something to show me. I figured anything Shane had to show me was way more important than wasting time for something I'm not ready to commit to yet. It turns out what Shane had to show me is that they took the training wheels off his bicycle and he is starting to learn how to ride without them. He made it up and down our street with Brenda next to him. I am really proud and impressed, we just got the bike for him for Christmas and he already has the training wheels off. I guess all that balancing on skates helps him.

I want to give a huge shout-out to Eric. Although it was due to unfortunate circumstances on both peoples parts, Eric has been talking to the person that plays "mini-Stanley" at the Panther games. During those conversations I believe Eric let Mini-Stanley know where we sit and we received a visit from Mini-Stanley during the Panthers/Islanders game. Shane absolutely loved it. I'm now off to the other rink because it's time for Shane's hockey. I'll try to be better at posting on more regular intervals.

1 comment:

  1. Woo-Hoo. You've posted. Though I do notice you can't see my head in the photo. And you can see Timmy.

    You may also wish to link your photo to the original on your Flickr page so people can see all the tags. (Or maybe not?)

    I'll leave my comments about your work situation except to say you're right and they're so wrong, it's embarrassing.

    Congrats to Shane on getting off the wheels. And I had NO idea you actually wanted to play. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete