Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Family, Hockey, and Obama

Ahhhhh Family, you can't change them, and you can't kill them. I'm currently dealing with some family issues, and just feel like some may not see the bigger picture of the problem. Oh well,k I'm sure eventually this will work itself out. I'm not going into any details because although only a couple of people may be reading this now, you never know, so, we'll just leave it where it is.

I'm ecstatic that the Panthers are in a playoff position. I fully blame their whole downfall on Bush (and to a lesser extent Mike Keenan). I find it amusing that the last time the Panthers made the playoffs was in the 1999-2000 season, and they have not really been in a playoff position until this year. Additionally, they were actually in 8th place yesterday, January 20, 2009, the day George Bush left office. Unfortunately, thanks to the Hurricanes playing the Penguins last night, the Panthers are back in 9th. Maybe they can pick up two points tonight against the Stars.

I was watching the Inauguration yesterday, and was very happy. I really hope Obama can finally help bring this country into the 21st century. Watching the reaction of everybody, seeing that huge crowd and understanding the historical significance of yesterday just really makes me proud to be an American. I'm still concerned about where this year will take us, and looking forward to what Obama does during his Presidency. As he said, it's up to all of us to work together, and I'm ready to help wherever I can. That is after I make sure to take care of my kids and family first.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're considering murdering some relatives. If it's Shane or Lizzie, Miss Kathy will gladly take them. Other than that, I will gladly trade my relatives for yours. How about "Relative Cage Fight"? To the death? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ev! I didn't know you had a blog! Now I'll have to add it to my daily read file! Good stuff!
    Murph

    ReplyDelete